Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun feeling has 6 senses
- feeling - the experiencing of affective and emotional states; "she had a feeling of euphoria"; "he had terrible feelings of guilt"; "I disliked him and the feeling was mutual"
--1 is a kind of sensitivity, sensitiveness; psychological feature; sensitivity, sensitiveness; psychological feature
--1 has particulars:
| ||affect; emotion; thing; glow; soul, soulfulness; passion, passionateness; sentiment; complex; ambivalence, ambivalency; apathy; desire; sex, sexual urge; pleasure, pleasance; pain, painfulness; pang, stab, twinge; liking; dislike; gratitude; ingratitude, ungratefulness; unconcern; shame; pride, pridefulness; humility, humbleness; astonishment, amazement; devastation; expectation; levity; gravity, solemnity; sensitivity, sensitiveness; agitation; calmness; fearlessness, bravery; happiness; sadness, unhappiness; hope; despair; affection, affectionateness, fondness, tenderness, heart, warmheartedness; temper, mood, humor, humour; sympathy, fellow feeling; enthusiasm|
- impression, feeling, belief, notion, opinion - a vague idea in which some confidence is placed; "his impression of her was favorable"; "what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"; "I had a feeling that she was lying"
--2 is a kind of idea, thought; idea, thought
--2 has particulars:
- spirit, tone, feel, feeling, flavor, flavour, look, smell - the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people; "the feel of the city excited him"; "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"; "it had the smell of treason"
--3 is a kind of atmosphere, ambiance, ambience; atmosphere, ambiance, ambience
--3 has particulars: Hollywood; Zeitgeist
- feeling - a physical sensation that you experience; "he had a queasy feeling"; "I had a strange feeling in my leg"; "he lost all feeling in his arm"
--4 is a kind of somesthesia, somaesthesia, somatesthesia, somatic sensation; somesthesia, somaesthesia, somatesthesia, somatic sensation
--4 has particulars: constriction
- touch, touch sensation, tactual sensation, tactile sensation, feeling - the sensation produced by pressure receptors in the skin; "she likes the touch of silk on her skin"; "the surface had a greasy feeling"
--5 is a kind of perception; perception
--5 has particulars: cutaneous sensation, haptic sensation, skin sensation
- feeling, intuitive feeling - an intuitive understanding of something; "he had a great feeling for music"
--6 is a kind of intuition; intuition
--6 has particulars: sprachgefuhl