Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun glow has 7 senses
- freshness, glow - an alert and refreshed state
--1 is a kind of good health, healthiness
- luminescence, glow - light from nonthermal sources
--2 is a kind of luminosity, brightness, brightness level, luminance, luminousness, light
- incandescence, glow - the phenomenon of light emission by a body as its temperature is raised
--3 is a kind of light, visible light, visible radiation
- glow - a feeling of considerable warmth; "the glow of new love"; "a glow of regret"
--4 is a kind of feeling
- glow - a steady even light without flames
--5 is a kind of light, visible light, visible radiation
--5 has particulars: sky glow
- radiance, glow, glowing - the amount of electromagnetic radiation leaving or arriving at a point on a surface
--6 is a kind of light, visible light, visible radiation
--6 has particulars: aureole, corona
- gleam, gleaming, glow, lambency - an appearance of reflected light
--7 is a kind of radiance, radiancy, shine, effulgence, refulgence, refulgency
Verb glow has 5 senses
- glow - emit a steady even light without flames; "The fireflies were glowing and flying about in the garden"
--1 is one way to radiate
- glow, beam, radiate, shine - especially of the complexion: show a strong bright color, such as red or pink; "Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna"
--2 is one way to look, appear, seem
- burn, glow - shine intensely, as if with heat; "The coals were glowing in the dark"; "The candles were burning"
--3 is one way to shine, beam
Lights glow on the horizon
The horizon is glowing with lights
- glow - be exuberant or high-spirited; "Make the people's hearts glow"
--4 is one way to feel, experience
- glow, beam, radiate, shine - experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion; "She was beaming with joy"; "Her face radiated with happiness"
--5 is one way to feel, experience