Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun devastation has 5 senses
- devastation, desolation - the state of being decayed or destroyed
--1 is a kind of deterioration, impairment
--1 has particulars: ruin, ruination; blight
- devastation - the feeling of being counfounded or overwhelmed; "her departure left him in utter devasation"
--2 is a kind of feeling
- devastation, desolation - an event that results in total destruction
--3 is a kind of ruin, ruination
- ravaging, devastation - plundering with excessive damage and destruction
--4 is a kind of plundering, pillage, pillaging
- destruction, devastation - termination by an act of destruction
--5 is a kind of termination, ending, conclusion
--5 has particulars:
| ||disaster; kill; laying waste, ruin, ruining, ruination, wrecking; razing, leveling, tearing down, demolishing; annihilation, obliteration; decimation; self-destruction; neutralization, neutralisation; sabotage; extermination, liquidation; holocaust; demolition; spoliation; vandalism, hooliganism, malicious mischief|