Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun view has 10 senses
- position, view, perspective - a way of regarding situations or topics etc.; "consider what follows from the positivist view"
--1 is a kind of orientation
--1 has particulars:
- view, aspect, prospect, scene, vista, panorama - the visual percept of a region; "the most desirable feature of the park are the beautiful views"
--2 is a kind of visual percept, visual image
--2 has particulars:
- view, survey, sight - the act of looking or seeing or observing; "he tried to get a better view of it"; "his survey of the battlefield was limited"
--3 is a kind of look, looking, looking at
--3 has particulars: eyeful
- view, eyeshot - the range of the eye; "they were soon out of view"
--4 is a kind of range, reach
- opinion, sentiment, persuasion, view, thought - a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty; "my opinion differs from yours"; "what are your thoughts on Haiti?"
--5 is a kind of belief
--5 has particulars:
- opinion, view - a message expressing a belief about something; the expression of a belief that is held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof; "his opinions appeared frequently on the editorial page"
--6 is a kind of message, content, subject matter, substance
--6 has particulars:
- view - purpose; the phrase `with a view to' means `with the intention of' or `for the purpose of'; "he took the computer with a view to pawning it"
--7 is a kind of purpose, intent, intention, aim, design
- scene, view - graphic art consisting of the graphic or photographic representation of a visual percept; "he painted scenes from everyday life"; "figure 2 shows photographic and schematic views of the equipment"
--8 is a kind of graphic art
--8 has parts: subject, content, depicted object
- horizon, view, purview - the range of interest or activity that can be anticipated; "It is beyond the horizon of present knowledge"
--9 is a kind of scope, range, reach, orbit, compass, ambit
- view - outward appearance; "they look the same in outward view"
--10 is a kind of appearance, visual aspect
Verb view has 3 senses
- see, consider, reckon, view, regard - deem to be; "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
--1 is one way to think, believe, consider, conceive
Something ----s something Adjective/Noun
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody PP
Somebody ----s something PP
- view, consider, look at - look at carefully; study mentally; "view a problem"
--2 is one way to analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
Somebody ----s something
- watch, view, see, catch, take in - see or watch; "view a show on television"; "This program will be seen all over the world"; "view an exhibition"; "Catch a show on Broadway"; "see a movie"
--3 is one way to watch
Sam and Sue view the movie