Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun prospect has 5 senses
- prospect - the possibility of future success; "his prospects as a writer are excellent"
--1 is a kind of potential, potentiality, potency
- expectation, outlook, prospect - belief about (or mental picture of) the future
--2 is a kind of belief
--2 has particulars:
- candidate, prospect - someone who is considered for something (for an office or prize or honor etc.)
--3 is a kind of person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
- view, aspect, prospect, scene, vista, panorama - the visual percept of a region; "the most desirable feature of the park are the beautiful views"
--4 is a kind of visual percept, visual image
--4 has particulars:
- prognosis, prospect, medical prognosis - a prediction of the course of a disease
--5 is a kind of medical diagnosis