Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun regard has 7 senses
- respect, regard - (usually preceded by `in') a detail or point; "it differs in that respect"
--1 is a kind of detail, item, point
- attentiveness, heed, regard, paying attention - paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people); "his attentiveness to her wishes"; "he spends without heed to the consequences"
--2 is a kind of attention, attending
--2 has particulars: advertence, advertency
- regard, wish, compliments - (usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone's welfare; "give him my kind regards"; "my best wishes"
--3 is a kind of greeting, salutation
- gaze, regard - a long fixed look; "he fixed his paternal gaze on me"
--4 is a kind of stare
- esteem, regard, respect - the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded); "it is held in esteem"; "a man who has earned high regard"
--5 is a kind of honor, honour, laurels
--5 has particulars: stature
- regard, respect - a feeling of friendship and esteem; "she mistook his manly regard for love"; "he inspires respect"
--6 is a kind of affection, affectionateness, fondness, tenderness, heart, warmheartedness
- respect, esteem, regard - an attitude of admiration or esteem; "she lost all respect for him"
--7 is a kind of attitude, mental attitude
--7 has particulars: estimate, estimation
Verb regard has 3 senses
- see, consider, reckon, view, regard - deem to be; "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
--1 is one way to think, believe, consider, conceive
Something ----s something Adjective/Noun
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody PP
Somebody ----s something PP
- regard, consider - look at attentively
--2 is one way to look
Sam cannot regard Sue
- involve, affect, regard - connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business"
--3 is one way to refer, pertain, relate, concern, come to, bear on, touch, touch on
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody
Something ----s something