Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun moment has 6 senses
- moment, minute, second, instant - a particular point in time; "the moment he arrived the party began"
--1 is a kind of point, point in time
--1 has particulars:
- moment, minute, second, bit - an indefinitely short time; "wait just a moment"; "it only takes a minute"; "in just a bit"
--2 is a kind of time
--2 has particulars:
- here and now, present moment, moment - at this time; "the disappointments of the here and now"; "she is studying at the moment"
--3 is a kind of present, nowadays
- consequence, import, moment - having important effects or influence; "decisions of great consequence are made by the president himself"; "virtue is of more moment that security"
--4 is a kind of significance
--4 has particulars: matter; hell to pay
- moment - the moment of a couple is the product of its force and the distance between its opposing forces
--5 is a kind of force
--5 is a part of couple
--5 has particulars: dipole moment
- moment - the n-th moment of a distribution is the expected value of the n-th power of the deviations from a fixed value
--6 is a kind of statistic
--6 has particulars: second moment; variance