Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun connection has 9 senses
- connection, connexion, connectedness - a relation between things or events (as in the case of one causing the other or sharing features with it); "there was a connection between eating that pickle and having that nightmare"
--1 is a kind of relation
--1 has particulars:
- connection, link, connectedness - the state of being connected; "the connection between church and state is inescapable"
--2 is a kind of union, unification
--2 has particulars:
- connection, connexion, connector, connecter, connective - an instrumentality that connects; "he soldered the connection"; "he didn't have the right connector between the amplifier and the speakers"
--3 is a kind of instrumentality, instrumentation
--3 has particulars:
- connection - (usually plural) a person who is influential and to whom you are connected in some way (as by family or friendship); "he has powerful connections"
--4 is a kind of acquaintance, friend
- association, connection, connexion - the process of bringing ideas or events together in memory or imagination; "conditioning is a form of learning by association"
--5 is a kind of memory, remembering
--5 has particulars: colligation
- connection, connexion, link - a connecting shape
--6 is a kind of shape, form
--6 has particulars:
- connection - a supplier (especially of narcotics)
--7 is a kind of supplier, provider
- connection, connexion - shifting from one form of transportation to another; "the plane was late and he missed his connection in Atlanta"
--8 is a kind of transportation, transfer, transferral, conveyance
- joining, connection, connexion - the act of bringing two things into contact (especially for communication); "the joining of hands around the table"; "there was a connection via the internet"
--9 is a kind of change of integrity
--9 has particulars: