Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun intersection has 6 senses
- intersection, intersection point, point of intersection - a point where lines intersect
--1 is a kind of point
--1 has particulars: metacenter, metacentre; vertex
- intersection, crossroad, crossway, crossing, carrefour - a junction where one street or road crosses another
--2 is a kind of junction
--2 is a part of road, route
--2 has particulars:
- intersection - a point or set of points common to two or more geometric configurations
--3 is a kind of set
--3 has particulars: origin
- intersection, product, cartesian product - the set of elements common to two or more sets; "the set of red hats is the intersection of the set of hats and the set of red things"
--4 is a kind of set
- overlap, convergence, intersection - a representation of common ground between theories or phenomena; "there was no overlap between their proposals"
--5 is a kind of representation, mental representation, internal representation
--5 has particulars: crossroads; interface
- intersection - the act of intersecting (as joining by causing your path to intersect your target's path)
--6 is a kind of joining, connection, connexion