Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun wonder has 3 senses
- wonder, wonderment, admiration - the feeling aroused by something strange and surprising
--1 is a kind of astonishment, amazement
--1 has particulars: awe
- wonder, marvel - something that causes feelings of wonder; "the wonders of modern science"
--2 is a kind of happening, occurrence, natural event
- curiosity, wonder - a state in which you want to learn more about something
--3 is a kind of cognitive state, state of mind
--3 has particulars:
Verb wonder has 3 senses
- wonder, inquire, enquire - have a wish or desire to know something; "He wondered who had built this beautiful church"
--1 is one way to question, query
Somebody ----s whether INFINITIVE
- wonder, question - place in doubt or express doubtful speculation; "I wonder whether this was the right thing to do"; "she wondered whether it would snow tonight"
--2 is one way to chew over, think over, meditate, ponder, excogitate, contemplate, muse, reflect, mull, mull over, ruminate, speculate
They wonder whether there was a traffic accident
- wonder, marvel - be amazed at; "We marvelled at the child's linguistic abilities"
--3 is one way to react, respond
Sam and Sue wonder over the results of the experiment