Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun weakness has 5 senses
- failing, weakness - a flaw or weak point; "he was quick to point out his wife's failings"
--1 is a kind of imperfection, imperfectness
--1 has particulars: insufficiency, inadequacy; fatigue; flaw
- helplessness, weakness, impuissance - powerlessness revealed by an inability to act; "in spite of their weakness the group remains highly active"
--2 is a kind of powerlessness, impotence, impotency
- weakness - the property of lacking physical or mental strength; liability to failure under pressure or stress or strain; "his weakness increased as he became older"; "the weakness of the span was overlooked until it collapsed"
--3 is a kind of property
--3 has particulars:
- weakness - the condition of being financially weak; "the weakness of the dollar against the yen"
--4 is a kind of misfortune, bad luck, tough luck, ill luck
- weakness - a penchant for something even though it might not be good for you; "he has a weakness for chocolate"
--5 is a kind of preference, penchant, predilection, taste