Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun delicacy has 7 senses
- daintiness, delicacy, fineness - the quality of being beautiful and delicate in appearance; "the daintiness of her touch"; "the fineness of her features"
--1 is a kind of elegance
- dainty, delicacy, goody, kickshaw, treat - something considered choice to eat
--2 is a kind of nutriment, nourishment, nutrition, sustenance, aliment, alimentation, victuals
--2 has particulars:
- delicacy, discretion - refined taste; tact
--3 is a kind of taste, appreciation, discernment, perceptiveness
- delicacy, slightness - smallness of stature
--4 is a kind of smallness, littleness
- fragility, delicacy - lack of physical strength
--5 is a kind of weakness
- delicacy, diplomacy, discreetness, finesse - subtly skillful handling of a situation
--6 is a kind of tact, tactfulness
- airiness, delicacy - lightness in movement or manner
--7 is a kind of liveliness, life, spirit, sprightliness