Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun reversal has 8 senses
- reversal - a change from one state to the opposite state; "there was a reversal of autonomic function"
--1 is a kind of change of state
--1 has particulars:
- reverse, reversal, setback, blow, black eye - an unfortunate happening that hinders of impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating
--2 is a kind of happening, occurrence, natural event
--2 has particulars: whammy
- reversal, turn around - turning in an opposite direction or position; "the reversal of the image in the lens"
--3 is a kind of turning, turn
- reversal, change of mind, flip-flop, turnabout, turnaround - a decision to reverse an earlier decision
--4 is a kind of decision making, deciding
--4 has particulars: reconsideration, second thought, afterthought, rethink
- reversal - a judgment by a higher court that the judgment of a lower court was incorrect and should be set aside
--5 is a kind of judgment, judgement, judicial decision
- reversion, reverse, reversal, turnabout, turnaround - turning in the opposite direction
--6 is a kind of change of direction, reorientation
--6 has particulars: about-face, about turn; u-turn
- transposition, reversal - the act of reversing the order or place of
--7 is a kind of reordering
- about-face, volte-face, reversal, policy change - a reversal in attitude or principle or point of view; "an about-face on foreign policy"
--8 is a kind of change
--8 has particulars: undoing