Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun moon has 6 senses
- moon - the natural satellite of the Earth; "the average distance to the moon is 384,400 kilometers"; "men first stepped on the moon in 1969"
--1 is a kind of satellite
- moon - any object resembling a moon; "he made a moon lamp that he used as a night light"; "the clock had a moon that showed various phases"
--2 is a kind of object, physical object
- lunar month, moon, lunation, synodic month - the period between successive new moons (29.531 days)
--3 is a kind of month
--3 is a part of lunar year
- moonlight, moonshine, moon - the light of the moon; "moonlight is the smuggler's enemy"; "the moon was bright enough to read by"
--4 is a kind of light, visible light, visible radiation
--4 has parts: moonbeam, moon ray, moon-ray
- Moon, Sun Myung Moon - United States religious leader (born in Korea) who founded the Unification Church in 1954; was found guilty of conspiracy to evade taxes (born in 1920)
--5 is a kind of religious leader
- moon - any natural satellite of a planet; "Jupiter has sixteen moons"
--6 is a kind of satellite
Verb moon has 3 senses
- daydream, moon - have dreamlike musings or fantasies while awake; "She looked out the window, daydreaming"
--1 is one way to idle, laze, slug, stagnate
Sam and Sue moon over the results of the experiment
- moon, moon around, moon on - be idle in a listless or dreamy way
--2 is one way to idle, laze, slug, stagnate
- moon - expose one's buttocks to; "moon the audience"
--3 is one way to expose, exhibit, display
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody