Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun marrow has 5 senses
- marrow, bone marrow - the fatty network of connective tissue that fills the cavities of bones
--1 is a kind of connective tissue
--1 is a part of bone, os; immune system
--1 has particulars: red marrow, red bone marrow; yellow marrow, yellow bone marrow
- marrow, marrow squash, vegetable marrow - any of various squash plants grown for their elongated fruit with smooth dark green skin and whitish flesh
--2 is a kind of summer squash, summer squash vine, Cucurbita pepo melopepo
--2 has parts: marrow, vegetable marrow
--2 has particulars: zucchini, courgette; cocozelle, Italian vegetable marrow
- marrow, bone marrow - very tender and very nutritious tissue from marrowbones
--3 is a kind of dainty, delicacy, goody, kickshaw, treat
--3 is a part of marrowbone
- marrow, vegetable marrow - large elongated squash with creamy to deep green skins
--4 is a kind of summer squash
--4 is a part of marrow, marrow squash, vegetable marrow
- kernel, substance, core, center, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty - the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
--5 is a kind of content, cognitive content, mental object
--5 has particulars: