Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun domain has 5 senses
- sphere, domain, area, orbit, field, arena - a particular environment or walk of life; "his social sphere is limited"; "it was a closed area of employment"; "he's out of my orbit"
--1 is a kind of environment
--1 has particulars:
- domain, demesne, land - territory over which rule or control is exercised; "his domain extended into Europe"; "he made it the law of the land"
--2 is a kind of region
--2 is a part of country, state, land
--2 has particulars:
- domain - the set of values of the independent variable for which a function is defined
--3 is a kind of set
- world, domain - people in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest; "the Western world"
--4 is a kind of class, social class, socio-economic class
--4 has particulars: academia, academe; Grub Street
- domain, region, realm - a knowledge domain that you are interested in or are communicating about; "it was a limited domain of discourse"; "here we enter the region of opinion"; "the realm of the occult"
--5 is a kind of knowledge domain, knowledge base