Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun termination has 5 senses
- termination, expiration, expiry - a coming to an end of a contract period; "the expiry of his driver's license"
--1 is a kind of end, ending
- end point, endpoint, termination, terminus - a place where something ends or is complete
--2 is a kind of end
- result, resultant, final result, outcome, termination - something that results; "he listened for the results on the radio"
--3 is a kind of ending, conclusion, finish
--3 has particulars:
- ending, termination - the end of a word (a suffix or inflectional ending or final morpheme); "I don't like words that have -ism as an ending"
--4 is a kind of morpheme
--4 has particulars: suffix, postfix; inflectional ending, inflectional suffix
- termination, ending, conclusion - the act of ending something; "the termination of the agreement"
--5 is a kind of change of state
--5 has particulars:
| ||demonetization, demonetisation; release, tone ending; completion, culmination, closing, windup, mop up; retirement; relinquishment, relinquishing; dissolution, breakup; overthrow; adjournment, dissolution; dismissal, dismission, discharge, firing, liberation, release, sack, sacking; destruction, devastation; killing, kill, putting to death; abolition, abolishment; liquidation, settlement; withdrawal, drug withdrawal; closure, closedown, closing, shutdown; extinction, extinguishing, quenching; fade, disappearance; abortion; deactivation, defusing; discontinuance, discontinuation|