Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun closure has 7 senses
- closing, closure - approaching a particular destination; a coming closer; a narrowing of a gap; "the ship's rapid rate of closing gave them little time to avoid a collision"
--1 is a kind of approach, approaching, coming
- closure, cloture, gag rule, gag law - a rule for limiting or ending debate in a deliberative body
--2 is a kind of order, rules of order, parliamentary law, parliamentary procedure
--2 has particulars: closure by compartment, guillotine
- closure, law of closure - a Gestalt principle of organization holding that there is an innate tendency to perceive incomplete objects as complete and to close or fill gaps and to perceive asymmetric stimuli as symmetric
--3 is a kind of Gestalt law of organization, Gestalt principle of organization
- settlement, resolution, closure - something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making; "the finally reached a settlement with the union"; "they never did achieve a final resolution of their differences"; "he needed to grieve before he could achieve a sense of closure"
--4 is a kind of decision making, deciding
- blockage, block, closure, occlusion, stop, stoppage - an obstruction in a pipe or tube; "we had to call a plumber to clear out the blockage in the drainpipe"
--5 is a kind of obstruction, obstructor, obstructer, impediment, impedimenta
--5 has particulars:
- blockage, closure, occlusion - the act of blocking
--6 is a kind of obstruction
--6 has particulars: implosion
- closure, closedown, closing, shutdown - termination of operations; "they regretted the closure of the day care center"
--7 is a kind of termination, ending, conclusion
--7 has particulars: plant closing; bank closing; layoff
Verb closure has 1 sense
- closure, cloture - terminate debate by calling for a vote; "debate was closured"; "cloture the discussion"
--1 is one way to end, terminate
Somebody ----s something