Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun stud has 5 senses
- stud, he-man, macho-man - a man who is virile and sexually active
--1 is a kind of man, adult male
- stud, rivet - ornament consisting of a circular rounded protuberance (as on a vault or shield or belt)
--2 is a kind of decoration, ornament, ornamentation
- scantling, stud - an upright in house framing
--3 is a kind of upright, vertical
--3 is a part of building, edifice
- stud, studhorse - adult male horse kept for breeding
--4 is a kind of stallion, entire
- stud, stud poker - poker in which each player receives hole cards and the remainder are dealt face up; bets are placed after each card is dealt
--5 is a kind of poker, poker game