Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun steal has 2 senses
- bargain, buy, steal - an advantageous purchase; "she got a bargain at the auction"; "the stock was a real buy at that price"
--1 is a kind of purchase
--1 has particulars: song; travel bargain
- steal - a stolen base; an instance in which a base runner advances safely during the delivery of a pitch (without the help of a hit or walk or passed ball or wild pitch)
--2 is a kind of baseball, baseball game, ball
Verb steal has 4 senses
- steal - take without the owner's consent; "Someone stole my wallet on the train"; "This author stole entire paragraphs from my dissertation"
--1 is one way to take
They steal the money
- steal, slip - move stealthily; "The ship slipped away in the darkness"
--2 is one way to move
Somebody ----s PP
- steal - steal a base
--3 is one way to gain, advance, win, pull ahead, make headway, get ahead, gain ground
Somebody ----s something
- sneak, mouse, creep, steal, pussyfoot - to go stealthily or furtively; "..stead of sneaking around spying on the neighbor's house"
--4 is one way to walk
The children steal to the playground