Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective spiral has 1 sense
- coiling, helical, spiral, spiraling, volute, voluted, whorled, turbinate - in the shape of a coil
Antonyms: uncoiled, straight (indirect, via coiled)
Noun spiral has 5 senses
- spiral - a plane curve traced by a point circling about the center but at ever-greater distances from it
--1 is a kind of curve, curved shape
- helix, spiral - a curve that lies on the surface of a cylinder or cone and cuts the element at a constant angle
--2 is a kind of curve, curved shape
--2 has particulars: double helix
- spiral, volute - ornament consisting of a curve on a plane that winds around a center with an increasing distance from the center
--3 is a kind of decoration, ornament, ornamentation
- coil, spiral, volute, whorl, helix - a structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops; "a coil of rope"
--4 is a kind of structure, construction
--4 has particulars: hank
- spiral - flying downward in a helical path with a large radius
--5 is a kind of rotation, rotary motion