Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective ripe has 5 senses
- ripe, mature - fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used; "ripe peaches"; "full-bodies mature wines"
Antonyms: green, unripe, unripened, immature, unaged
- ripe - fully prepared or eager; "the colonists were ripe for revolution"
Antonym: unready (indirect, via ready)
- good, right, ripe - most suitable or right for a particular purpose; "a good time to plant tomatoes"; "the right time to act"; "the time is ripe for great sociological changes"
Antonym: inopportune (indirect, via opportune)
- ripe - at the highest point of development especially in judgment or knowledge; "a ripe mind"
Antonym: immature (indirect, via mature)
- advanced, ripe - far along in time; "a man of advanced age"; "advanced in years"; "a ripe old age"; "the ripe age of 90"
Antonym: early (indirect, via middle, late)
Antonym: middle (indirect, via late, early)