Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective raw has 13 senses
- natural, raw, rude - (used especially of commodities) in the natural unprocessed condition; "natural yogurt"; "natural produce"; "raw wool"; "raw sugar"; "bales of rude cotton"
Antonym: processed (indirect, via unprocessed)
- raw - having the surface exposed and painful; "a raw wound"
Antonym: uninjured (indirect, via injured)
- raw - not treated with heat to prepare it for eating
Antonyms: cooked, au gratin, baked, barbecued, boiled, poached, stewed, braised, broiled, grilled, burned, burnt, done, fried, deep-fried, hard-baked, hard-boiled, medium, overdone, parched, roast, roasted, seared, steamed, toasted, well-done, lyonnaise, saute, sauteed, soft-boiled
- raw - not processed or refined; "raw sewage"
Antonym: treated (indirect, via untreated)
- naked, raw - devoid of elaboration or diminution or concealment; bare and pure; "naked ambition"; "raw fury"; "you may kill someone someday with your raw power"
Antonym: covert (indirect, via overt)
- raw - brutally unfair or harsh; "received raw treatment from his friends"; "a raw deal"
Antonyms: fair, just (indirect, via unfair)
- crude, raw - not processed or subjected to analysis; "raw data"; "the raw cost of production"; "only the crude vital statistics"
Antonym: analyzed (indirect, via unanalyzed)
- raw - untempered and unrefined; "raw talent"; "raw beauty"
Antonym: polished (indirect, via unpolished)
- bleak, cutting, raw - unpleasantly cold and damp; "bleak winds of the North Atlantic"
Antonym: hot (indirect, via cold)
- raw, sore - inflamed and painful; "his throat was raw"; "had a sore throat"
Antonym: healthy (indirect, via unhealthy)
- raw, unsanded - used of wood and furniture; "raw wood"
Antonym: finished (indirect, via unfinished)
- raw, new, wet behind the ears - lacking training or experience; "the new men were eager to fight"; "raw recruits"; "he was still wet behind the ears when he shipped as a hand on a merchant vessel"
Antonym: experienced (indirect, via inexperienced)
- bare-assed, bare-ass, in the altogether, in the buff, in the raw, raw, peeled, naked as a jaybird, stark naked - (used informally) completely unclothed
Antonyms: clothed, clad (indirect, via unclothed)