Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun octet has 5 senses
- eight, 8, VIII, eighter, eighter from Decatur, octad, ogdoad, octonary, octet - the cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one
--1 is a kind of digit, figure
- octet, octette - eight performers or singers who perform together
--2 is a kind of musical organization, musical organisation, musical group
- octet, octette - a set of eight similar things considered as a unit
--3 is a kind of set
- octet, octette, eightsome - eight people considered as a unit
--4 is a kind of gathering, assemblage
- octet, octette - a musical composition written for eight performers
--5 is a kind of musical composition, opus, composition, piece, piece of music