Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun facility has 5 senses
- facility, installation - a building or place that provides a particular service or is used for a particular industry; "the assembly plant is an enormous facility"
--1 is a kind of artifact, artefact
--1 has particulars:
| ||airfield, landing field, flying field, field; arboretum, botanical garden; athletic facility; backroom; cafeteria facility; communication system, communication equipment; course; depository, deposit, repository; drive-in; forum, assembly, meeting place; gas system; menagerie, zoo, zoological garden; military installation; power system, power grid, grid; range; recreational facility, recreation facility; sewage system, sewer system, sewage works; source; station; transportation system, transportation, transit; utility; water system, water supply, water|
- adeptness, adroitness, deftness, facility, quickness - skillful performance or ability without difficulty; "his quick adeptness was a product of good design"; "he was famous for his facility as an archer"
--2 is a kind of skillfulness
--2 has particulars: touch; dexterity, manual dexterity, sleight
- facility, readiness - a natural effortlessness; "they conversed with great facility"; "a happy readiness of conversation"--Jane Austen
--3 is a kind of effortlessness
- facility - services and space and equipment provided for a particular purpose; "catering facilities"; "toilet facilities"
--4 is a kind of services
--4 has particulars:
- facility - a service that an organization or a piece of equipment offers you; "a cell phone with internet facility"
--5 is a kind of service