Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun eye has 5 senses
- eye, oculus, optic - the organ of sight
--1 is a kind of sense organ, sensory receptor, receptor
--1 is a part of visual system; face, human face
--1 has parts:
--1 has particulars:
| ||choroid, choroid coat; ciliary body; eyelid, lid, palpebra; canthus; epicanthus, epicanthic fold; nictitating membrane, third eyelid; conjunctiva; eyeball, orb; ocular muscle, eye muscle; cornea; uvea; iris; lens, crystalline lens; central artery of the retina, arteria centralis retinae; ciliary artery, arteria ciliaris; lacrimal artery, arteria lacrimalis; lacrimal vein, vena lacrimalis; lacrimal apparatus; retina; sclera, sclerotic coat; pupillary sphincter, musculus sphincter pupillae; aperture|
- eye - good discernment (either with the eyes or as if with the eyes); "she has an eye for fresh talent"; "he has an artist's eye"
--2 is a kind of sagacity, sagaciousness, judgment, judgement, discernment
- eye - attention to what is seen; "he tried to catch her eye"
--3 is a kind of attention, attending
- center, centre, middle, heart, eye - an area that is approximately central within some larger region; "it is in the center of town"; "they ran forward into the heart of the struggle"; "they were in the eye of the storm"
--4 is a kind of area, country
--4 has particulars:
- eye - a small hole or loop (as in a needle); "the thread wouldn't go through the eye"
--5 is a kind of hole
--5 is a part of needle
Verb eye has 1 sense
- eye, eyeball - look at
--1 is one way to look
Sam cannot eye Sue