Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun darkness has 6 senses
- dark, darkness - absence of light or illumination
--1 is a kind of illumination
--1 has particulars:
- darkness, dark, shadow - an unilluminated area; "he moved off into the darkness"
--2 is a kind of scene
- iniquity, wickedness, darkness, dark - absence of moral or spiritual values; "the powers of darkness"
--3 is a kind of condition, status
- dark, darkness - an unenlightened state; "he was in the dark concerning their intentions"; "his lectures dispelled the darkness"
--4 is a kind of unenlightenment
- darkness - having a dark or somber color
--5 is a kind of value
- darkness, duskiness, swarthiness - a swarthy complexion
--6 is a kind of complexion, skin color, skin colour