Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun blackout has 5 senses
- blackout - a suspension of radio or tv broadcasting
--1 is a kind of pause, intermission, break, interruption, suspension
- blackout, brownout, dimout - darkness resulting from the extinction of lights (as in a city invisible to enemy aircraft)
--2 is a kind of dark, darkness
- blackout - the failure of electric power for a general region
--3 is a kind of power outage, power failure
- blackout - a momentary loss of consciousness
--4 is a kind of unconsciousness
- amnesia, memory loss, blackout - partial or total loss of memory; "he has a total blackout for events of the evening"
--5 is a kind of cognitive state, state of mind
--5 has particulars: