Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun coat has 3 senses
- coat - an outer garment that has sleeves and covers the body from shoulder down; worn outdoors
--1 is a kind of overgarment, outer garment
--1 has part: breast pocket; coat button; coattail; hemline
--1 has particulars:
- coating, coat - a thin layer covering something; "a second coat of paint"
--2 is a kind of covering
--2 has particulars:
- coat, pelage - growth of hair or wool or fur covering the body of an animal
--3 is a kind of hair
--3 is a part of mammal
--3 has particulars: fur; wool, fleece
Verb coat has 3 senses
- coat, surface - put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface; "coat the cake with chocolate"
--1 is one way to cover
The wind storms coat the area with dust and dirt
- coat - cover or provide with a coat
--2 is one way to dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
Somebody ----s somebody
- coat, cake - form a coat over; "Dirt had coated her face"
--3 is one way to cover, spread over
Dust and dirt coat the area