Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun centering has 2 senses
- focus, focusing, focussing, direction, centering - the concentration of attention or energy on something; "the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology"; "he had no direction in his life"
--1 is a kind of concentration, engrossment, absorption, immersion
--1 has particulars: particularism
- centering, snap - (American football) putting the ball in play by passing it (between the legs) to a back; "the quarterback fumbled the snap"
--2 is a kind of pass, toss, flip
Verb center has 3 senses
- focus on, center on, revolve around, revolve about, concentrate on, center - center upon; "Her entire attention centered on her children"; "Our day revolved around our work"
--1 is one way to refer, pertain, relate, concern, come to, bear on, touch, touch on
Something ----s somebody
Something ----s something
=> Something is ----ing PP
=> Somebody ----s PP
- concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet - direct one's attention on something; "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
--2 is one way to think, cogitate, cerebrate
Somebody ----s on something
- center, centre - move into the center; "That vase in the picture is not centered"
--3 is one way to move, displace
Somebody ----s something