Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun bunk has 6 senses
- bunk, feed bunk - a long trough for feeding cattle
--1 is a kind of manger, trough
- berth, bunk, built in bed - a bed on a ship or train; usually in tiers
--2 is a kind of bed
--2 has particulars: lower berth, lower; upper berth, upper
- bunk - a rough bed (as at a campsite)
--3 is a kind of bed
- bunk, bunkum, buncombe, guff, rot, hogwash - unacceptable behavior (especially ludicrously false statements)
--4 is a kind of drivel, garbage
--4 has particulars:
- nonsense, bunk, nonsensicality, meaninglessness, hokum - a message that seems to convey no meaning
--5 is a kind of message, content, subject matter, substance
--5 has particulars:
| ||absurdity, absurdness, ridiculousness; amphigory, nonsense verse; balderdash, fiddle-faddle, piffle; buzzword, cant; cobblers; crock; fa la, fal la; gibberish, gibber; incoherence, incoherency, unintelligibility; jabberwocky; mummery, flummery; palaver, hot air, empty words, empty talk, rhetoric; rigmarole, rigamarole; shmegegge, schmegegge; stuff, stuff and nonsense, hooey, poppycock; baloney, boloney, bilgewater, bosh, drool, humbug, taradiddle, tarradiddle, tommyrot, tosh, twaddle|
- bunk bed, bunk - beds built one above the other
--6 is a kind of bed
Verb bunk has 3 senses
- beat, bunk - avoid paying; "beat the subway fare"
--1 is one way to cheat, rip off, chisel
Somebody ----s something
- bunk - provide with a bunk; "We bunked the children upstairs"
--2 is one way to bed
Somebody ----s somebody
- run, scarper, turn tail, lam, run away, hightail it, bunk, head for the hills, take to the woods, escape, fly the coop, break away - flee; take to one's heels; cut and run; "If you see this man, run!"; "The burglars escaped before the police showed up"
--3 is one way to leave, go forth, go away
Somebody ----s PP