Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun benefit has 3 senses
- benefit - financial assistance in time of need
--1 is a kind of payment
--1 has particulars:
- benefit, welfare - something that aids or promotes well-being; "for the common good"
--2 is a kind of good, goodness
--2 has particulars: advantage, reward; sake, interest
- benefit - a performance to raise money for a charitable cause
--3 is a kind of performance, public presentation
--3 has particulars: benefit concert
Verb benefit has 2 senses
- profit, gain, benefit - derive a benefit from; "She profited from his vast experience"
--1 is one way to get, acquire
Somebody ----s PP
- benefit, do good - be beneficial for; "This will do you good"
--2 is one way to help, aid
Something ----s somebody
Something ----s something