Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun performance has 5 senses
- performance, public presentation - a dramatic or musical entertainment; "they listened to ten different performances"; "the play ran for 100 performances"; "the frequent performances of the symphony testify to its popularity"
--1 is a kind of show
--1 has parts: finale, coda
--1 has particulars:
- performance, execution, carrying out, carrying into action - the act of performing; of doing something successfully; using knowledge as distinguished from merely possessing it; "they criticised his performance as mayor"; "experience generally improves performance"
--2 is a kind of action
--2 has particulars: specific performance; mechanism, mechanics; officiation
- performance - the act of presenting a play or a piece of music or other entertainment; "we congratulated him on his performance at the rehearsal"; "an inspired performance of Mozart's C minor concerto"
--3 is a kind of presentation, presentment, demonstration
--3 has parts: acting, playing, playacting, performing
--3 has particulars:
| ||dramatic production, dramatic performance; encore; extemporization, extemporisation, improvisation; juggle, juggling; magic trick, conjuring trick, trick, magic, legerdemain, conjuration, illusion, deception; musical performance; one-night stand; rendition, rendering, interpretation; swan song, last hurrah; program, programme|
- operation, functioning, performance - process or manner of functioning or operating; "the power of its engine determine its operation"; "the plane's operation in high winds"; "they compared the cooking performance of each oven"; "the jet's performance conformed to high standards"
--4 is a kind of process
- performance - any recognized accomplishment; "they admired his performance under stress"; "when Roger Maris powered four home runs in one game his performance merits awe"
--5 is a kind of accomplishment, achievement
--5 has particulars: overachievement; underachievement