Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun spatter has 2 senses
- spatter, spattering, splatter, splattering, sputter, splutter, sputtering - the noise of something spattering or sputtering explosively; "he heard a spatter of gunfire"
--1 is a kind of noise
- spatter, spattering, splash, splashing, splattering - the act of splashing a (liquid) substance on a surface
--2 is a kind of painting
Verb spatter has 3 senses
- spatter, splatter, plash, splash, splosh, swash - dash a liquid upon or against; "The mother splashed the baby's face with water"
--1 is one way to scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody
Something ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody with something
Somebody ----s something with something
- sprinkle, spit, spatter, patter, pitter-patter - rain gently; "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
--2 is one way to rain, rain down
It is ----ing
- spatter, bespatter - spot, splash, or soil; "The baby spattered the bib with food"
--3 is one way to spot, fleck, blob, blot
They spatter the bread with melted butter