Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun shore has 2 senses
- shore - the land along the edge of a body of water
--1 is a kind of geological formation, formation
--1 has part: beach; shoreline
--1 has particulars:
- shore, shoring - a beam or timber that is propped against a structure to provide support
--2 is a kind of beam
Verb shore has 3 senses
- shore - serve as a shore to; "The river was shored by trees"
--1 is one way to bound, border
Something ----s something
- land, set ashore, shore - arrive on shore; "The ship landed in Pearl Harbor"
--2 is one way to arrive, get, come
- prop up, prop, shore up, shore - support by placing against something solid or rigid; "shore and buttress an old building"
--3 is one way to hold, support, sustain, hold up
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s something PP