Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun selection has 5 senses
- choice, selection, option, pick - the act of choosing or selecting; "your choice of colors was unfortunate"; "you can take your pick"
--1 is a kind of action
--1 has particulars:
- selection - an assortment of things from which a choice can be made; "the store carried a large selection of shoes"
--2 is a kind of assortment, mixture, mixed bag, miscellany, miscellanea, variety, salmagundi, smorgasbord, potpourri, motley
- choice, pick, selection - the person or thing chosen or selected; "he was my pick for mayor"
--3 is a kind of decision making, deciding
--3 has particulars: pleasure; favorite, favourite; way
- survival, survival of the fittest, natural selection, selection - a natural process resulting in the evolution of organisms best adapted to the environment
--4 is a kind of natural process, natural action, action, activity
- excerpt, extract, selection - a passage selected from a larger work; "he presented excerpts from William James' philosophical writings"
--5 is a kind of passage
--5 has particulars:
| ||Haftorah, Haftarah, Haphtorah, Haphtarah; analects, analecta; clipping, newspaper clipping, press clipping, cutting, press cutting; cut, track; quotation, quote, citation|