Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun peg has 6 senses
- peg, nog - a wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface
--1 is a kind of pin
--1 has particulars:
- peg, pin - small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
--2 is a kind of marker, marking, mark
- pin, peg, stick - informal terms of the leg; "fever left him weak on his sticks"
--3 is a kind of leg
- peg, wooden leg, leg, pegleg - a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
--4 is a kind of prosthesis, prosthetic device
- peg - regulator that can be turned to regulate the pitch of the strings of a stringed instrument
--5 is a kind of regulator
--5 is a part of stringed instrument
- peg, pin, thole, tholepin, rowlock, oarlock - a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
--6 is a kind of holder
--6 is a part of dinghy, dory, rowboat