Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective neutral has 8 senses
- neutral - neither moral nor immoral; neither good nor evil, right nor wrong
Antonym: moral (indirect, via immoral, amoral)
Antonym: immoral (indirect, via moral, amoral)
- impersonal, neutral - having no personal preference; "impersonal criticism"; "a neutral observer"
Antonym: subjective (indirect, via objective)
- inert, indifferent, neutral - having only a limited ability to react chemically; not active; "inert matter"; "an indifferent chemical in a reaction"
Antonym: reactive (indirect, via unreactive)
- neutral - not supporting or favoring either side in a war, dispute, or contest
Antonym: aligned (indirect, via nonaligned)
- neutral, electroneutral - having no net electric charge; not electrified
Antonyms: positive, electropositive, negative, electronegative
- neutral - lacking hue; "neutral colors like back or white"
Antonym: chromatic (indirect, via achromatic)
- neutral - of no distinctive quality or characteristics or type
Antonyms: positive, affirmative, optimistic, constructive, negative, antagonistic, counter, perverse
- neutral - lacking distinguishing quality or characteristics; "a neutral personality that made no impression whatever"
Antonym: colorful (indirect, via colorless)