Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun muscle has 5 senses
- muscle, musculus - one of the contractile organs of the body
--1 is a kind of contractile organ, contractor
--1 has parts: muscle cell, muscle fiber, muscle fibre
--1 has particulars:
- muscle, muscular tissue - animal tissue consisting predominantly of contractile cells
--2 is a kind of animal tissue
--2 is a part of muscular structure, musculature, muscle system
--2 has particulars:
- muscleman, muscle - a bully employed as a thug or bodyguard; "the druglord had his muscleman to protect him"
--3 is a kind of bully, tough, hooligan, ruffian, roughneck, rowdy, yob, yobo, yobbo
- muscle - authority or power or force (especially when used in a coercive way); "the senators used their muscle to get the party leader to resign"
--4 is a kind of authority, authorization, authorisation, dominance, say-so
- brawn, muscle, sinew - muscular strength
--5 is a kind of strength