Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adverbial multiply has 1 sense
- multiply - in several ways; in a multiple manner; "they were multiply checked for errors"
Derived from adjective multiple1
Verb multiply has 4 senses
- multiply - combine by multiplication; "multiply 10 by 15"
--1 is one way to calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
Antonyms: divide, fraction
Somebody ----s something
- multiply, manifold - combine or increase by multiplication; "He managed to multiply his profits"
--2 is one way to increase
They multiply their earnings this year
Their earnings multiply this year
- breed, multiply - have young (animals); "pandas rarely breed in captivity"
--3 is one way to reproduce, procreate, multiply
- reproduce, procreate, multiply - have offspring or young; "The deer in our neighborhood reproduce madly"; "The Catholic Church tells people to procreate, no matter what their economic situation may be"
--4 is one way to make, create