Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective left-handed has 6 senses
- left-handed - using or intended for the lefts hand; "left-handed golfers need left-handed clubs"; "left-handed scissors"
Antonyms: ambidextrous, two-handed, equipoised, right-handed, dextral, right, right-hand
- left-handed - (of marriages) illicit or informal; "in Colonial America left-handed marriages between Frenchmen and Indians were frequent"
Antonym: legitimate (indirect, via illegitimate)
- morganatic, left-handed - (of marriages) of a marriage between one of royal or noble birth and one of lower rank; valid but with the understanding that the rank of the inferior remains unchanged and offspring do not succeed to titles or property of the superior
Antonym: illegitimate (indirect, via legitimate)
- levorotary, levorotatory, left-handed - rotating to the left
Antonym: clockwise (indirect, via counterclockwise)
- left-handed - ironically ambiguous; "a left-handed compliment"
Antonym: unambiguous (indirect, via ambiguous)
- bumbling, bungling, butterfingered, ham-fisted, ham-handed, handless, heavy-handed, left-handed - not skillful in physical movement especially with the hands; "a bumbling mechanic"; "a bungling performance"; "ham-handed governmental interference"; "could scarcely empty a scuttle of ashes, so handless was the poor creature"- Mary H. Vorse
Antonym: adroit (indirect, via maladroit)