Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun implication has 5 senses
- deduction, entailment, implication - something that is inferred (deduced or entailed or implied); "his resignation had political implications"
--1 is a kind of inference, illation
- significance, import, implication - a meaning that is not expressly stated but can be inferred; "the significance of his remark became clear only later"; "the expectation was spread both by word and by implication"
--2 is a kind of meaning, substance
- implication - an accusation that brings into intimate and usually incriminating connection
--3 is a kind of accusation, accusal
--3 has particulars: unspoken accusation, veiled accusation; insinuation, innuendo
- implication, logical implication, conditional relation - a logical relation between propositions p and q of the form `if p then q'; if p is true then q cannot be false
--4 is a kind of logical relation
- implication - a relation implicated by virtue of involvement or close connection (especially an incriminating involvement); "he was suspected of implication in several robberies"
--5 is a kind of involvement