Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun feast has 4 senses
- banquet, feast - a ceremonial dinner party for many people
--1 is a kind of dinner, dinner party
--1 has particulars: gaudy
- feast - something experienced with great delight; "a feast for the eyes"
--2 is a kind of thing
- banquet, feast, spread - a meal that is well prepared and greatly enjoyed; "a banquet for the graduating seniors"; "the Thanksgiving feast"; "they put out quite a spread"
--3 is a kind of meal, repast
- fete, feast, fiesta - an elaborate party (often outdoors)
--4 is a kind of party
Verb feast has 3 senses
- feast, banquet, junket - partake in a feast or banquet
--1 is one way to eat
Sam and Sue feast
- feast, banquet, junket - provide a feast or banquet for
--2 is one way to host
Sam cannot feast Sue
- feed, feast - gratify; "feed one's eyes on a gorgeous view"
--3 is one way to regale, treat
Somebody ----s somebody
Somebody ----s something PP