Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun entrance has 3 senses
- entrance, entranceway, entryway, entry, entree - something that provides access (entry or exit); "they waited at the entrance to the garden"; "beggars waited just outside the entryway to the cathedral"
--1 is a kind of access, approach
--1 has particulars:
- entrance, entering - a movement into or inward
--2 is a kind of change of location, travel
--2 has particulars: invasion, encroachment, intrusion
- entrance, entering, entry, ingress, incoming - the act of entering; "she made a grand entrance"
--3 is a kind of arrival
--3 has particulars:
Verb entrance has 2 senses
- capture, enamour, trance, catch, becharm, enamor, captivate, beguile, charm, fascinate, bewitch, entrance, enchant - attract; cause to be enamored; "She captured all the men's hearts"
--1 is one way to attract, appeal
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody
- entrance, spellbind - put into a trance
--2 is one way to hypnotize, hypnotise, mesmerize, mesmerise
The performance is likely to entrance Sue