Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun dream has 6 senses
- dream, dreaming - a series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep; "I had a dream about you last night"
--1 is a kind of imagination, imaging, imagery, mental imagery
--1 is a part of sleeping
--1 has particulars: nightmare; wet dream
- ambition, aspiration, dream - a cherished desire; "his ambition is to own his own business"
--2 is a kind of desire
--2 has particulars: American Dream; emulation; nationalism
- dream, dreaming - imaginative thoughts indulged in while awake; "he lives in a dream that has nothing to do with reality"
--3 is a kind of imagination, imaginativeness, vision
--3 has particulars:
- pipe dream, dream - a fantastic but vain hope (from fantasies induced by the opium pipe); "I have this pipe dream about being emperor of the universe"
--4 is a kind of fantasy, phantasy
- dream - a state of mind characterized by abstraction and release from reality; "he went about his work as if in a dream"
--5 is a kind of reverie, revery
- dream - someone of something wonderful; "this dessert is a dream"
--6 is a kind of perfection, flawlessness, ne plus ultra