Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun dissent has 3 senses
- dissent - (law) the difference of one judge's opinion from that of the majority; "he expressed his dissent in a contrary opinion"
--1 is a kind of objection
- dissent - a difference of opinion
--2 is a kind of disagreement
- protest, objection, dissent - the act of protesting; a public (often organized) manifestation of dissent
--3 is a kind of resistance
--3 has particulars:
Verb dissent has 3 senses
- dissent - withhold assent; "Several Republicans dissented"
--1 is one way to disagree, differ, dissent, take issue
Antonyms: assent, accede, acquiesce
- protest, resist, dissent - express opposition through action or words; "dissent to the laws of the country"
--2 is one way to oppose, controvert, contradict
Somebody ----s PP
- disagree, differ, dissent, take issue - be of different opinions; "I beg to differ!"; "She disagrees with her husband on many questions"