Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective dishonorable has 5 senses
- dishonorable, dishonourable - lacking honor or integrity; deserving dishonor; "dishonorable in thought and deed"; "a dishonorable discharge"
Antonyms: honorable, honourable, august, revered, venerable, laureate, noble, solid, upstanding, worthy, time-honored, time-honoured
- dishonest, dishonorable - deceptive or fraudulent; disposed to cheat or defraud or deceive
- inglorious, dishonorable - not bringing honor and glory; "some mute inglorious Milton here may rest"
- base, dishonorable, dishonourable, immoral, unethical - not adhering to ethical or moral principles; "base and unpatriotic motives"; "a base, degrading way of life"; "cheating is dishonorable"; "they considered colonialism immoral"; "unethical practices in handling public funds"
Antonym: right (indirect, via wrong)
- dishonorable, dishonourable - morally unacceptable; "the dishonorable conduct of trusted men"
Antonym: noble (indirect, via ignoble)