Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun creation has 6 senses
- creation, creative activity - the human act of creating
--1 is a kind of activity
--1 has particulars:
- creation - an artifact that has been brought into existence by someone
--2 is a kind of artifact, artefact
--2 has particulars:
- creation, conception - the event that occurred at the beginning of something; "from its creation the plan was doomed to failure"
--3 is a kind of beginning
--3 has particulars: fertilization, fertilisation, fecundation, impregnation
- initiation, founding, foundation, institution, origination, creation, innovation, introduction, instauration - the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new; "she looked forward to her initiation as an adult"; "the foundation of a new scientific society"; "he regards the fork as a modern introduction"
--4 is a kind of beginning, start, commencement
--4 has particulars: authorship, paternity
- Creation - (theology) God's act of bringing the universe into existence
--5 is a kind of beginning, start, commencement
- universe, existence, creation, world, cosmos, macrocosm - everything that exists anywhere; "they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence"
--6 is a kind of natural object
--6 has parts:
--6 has members: galaxy, extragalactic nebula
--6 has particulars: closed universe; natural order; nature