Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun coach has 5 senses
- coach, manager, handler - (sports) someone in charge of training an athlete or a team
--1 is a kind of trainer
--1 has particulars:
- coach, private instructor, tutor - a person who gives private instruction (as in singing or acting)
--2 is a kind of teacher, instructor
--2 has particulars: crammer
- passenger car, coach, carriage - a railcar where passengers ride
--3 is a kind of car, railcar, railway car, railroad car
--3 is a member of passenger train
--3 has particulars:
| ||dining car, diner, dining compartment, buffet car; nonsmoker, nonsmoking car; parlor car, parlour car, drawing-room car, palace car, chair car; Pullman, Pullman car; sleeping car, sleeper, wagon-lit; smoker, smoking car, smoking carriage, smoking compartment|
- coach, four-in-hand, coach-and-four - a carriage pulled by four horses with one driver
--4 is a kind of carriage, equipage, rig
--4 has parts: box, box seat
--4 has particulars: stagecoach, stage
- bus, autobus, coach, charabanc, double-decker, jitney, motorbus, motorcoach, omnibus - a vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport; "he always rode the bus to work"
--5 is a kind of public transport
--5 is a member of fleet
--5 has parts: roof; window
--5 has particulars: school bus; trolleybus, trolley coach, trackless trolley