Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective caring has 3 senses
- caring, protective - showing a care; "a caring mother"
Antonym: tough (indirect, via tender)
- affectionate, caring, fond, lovesome, tender, warm - having or displaying warmth or affection; "affectionate children"; "caring parents"; "a fond embrace"; "fond of his nephew"; "a tender glance"; "a warm embrace"
Antonym: unloving (indirect, via loving)
- caring - feeling and exhibiting concern and empathy for others; "caring friends"
Antonym: uncompassionate (indirect, via compassionate)
Noun caring has 1 sense
- lovingness, caring - a loving feeling
--1 is a kind of love
--1 has particulars: warmheartedness, warmth
Verb care has 5 senses
- care - feel concern or interest; "I really care about my work"; "I don't care"
--1 is one way to feel for, pity, compassionate, condole with, sympathize with
Sam and Sue care
- care, give care - provide care for; "The nurse was caring for the wounded"
--2 is one way to help, assist, aid
Somebody ----s PP
- wish, care, like - prefer or wish to do something; "Do you care to try this dish?"; "Would you like to come along to the movies?"
--3 is one way to desire, want
They care to move
- manage, deal, care, handle - be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
--4 is one way to control, command
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s something
=> Somebody ----s PP
- worry, care - be concerned with; "I worry about my grades"
--5 is one way to mind
Somebody ----s PP